Lack of sleep, stress at work, everyday worries and it's already reflected in the face: due to too little oxygen, the blood becomes darker and the blood vessels shine through the thin skin under the eyes. The result: dark circles under the eyes! And they quickly make the face look overall dull, tired and old! But does it have to be the case that the stress of everyday life is immediately visible at first glance? Of course, dark circles can be concealed with concealers and make-up.
But that doesn't really work for you most of the time? Is it just the wear and tear on concealer that goes through the roof? And without a satisfactory result? Here we explain the classic mistakes most of us make when covering dark shadows under the eyes, how you can improve your technique and how you can even prevent this annoying beauty blemish from appearing altogether in the future with the help of our Eye Circles Cream by Lavule.
These mistakes often happen when covering dark circles under the eyes!
After an all-nighter, concealer is in high demand! But somehow it doesn't bring the desired results in the fight against your dark circles? Here you can find out which classic mistakes are often made when applying concealer...
- The wrong concealer colour: Unfortunately, concealing dark circles with a concealer only works if you really use the right shade! Many people think that the concealer has to be a little lighter to hide dark circles. But this is simply wrong! Using a light concealer will only accentuate those pesky dark circles. The concealer should be exactly the same colour as your foundation.
- No colour corrector: If the dark circles are extremely dark, concealer alone will not be able to cover them sufficiently. For this reason, you should neutralise the deep shadows with a colour-correcting product before applying foundation. And do so with complementary colours: For blue eye rings For blue-purple discoloured dark circles, use a salmon-coloured product, and for brown dark circles, use violet. Try it out. It works wonders!
- The texture of the concealer does not fit: Everyone knows it! If your concealer is too thick, it quickly looks crusty and also settles unattractively in the fine lines around the eyes. This makes you look older and the result is exactly the opposite of what you actually want to achieve. Pro tip: To make the concealer formula lighter, mix in a little moisturiser before dabbing it onto dark circles.
- You're applying it wrong: The best tool for blending concealer well is your fingers. The heat of your body will help the product blend into your skin. Very important: Always use a tapping motion and not a rubbing motion!
- You don't set the concealer: Unfortunately, concealer often absorbs during the day. This happens easily when you rub your eyes, for example, or because the product simply settles in the wrinkles due to oily skin. To keep your dark circles hidden under the concealer for as long as possible, set it with a loose powder after application.
This is how you can prevent dark circles under your eyes!
But as always, prevention is much better than aftercare. And you can easily prevent the formation of annoying dark circles with a few simple tricks!
- Make sure you get enough sleep: Sure, that's not always possible. But restful sleep is the be-all and end-all when it comes to fighting dark circles under the eyes!
- Drink a lot: Your skin needs plenty of moisture for a beautiful complexion. Try to always have a water bottle with you and drink three litres of water a day if possible!
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes: Unfortunately, alcohol and cigarettes are pure poison for your skin. A night of partying is immediately reflected in dark circles under the eyes.
- Live more relaxed: This is probably easier said than done. But try to consciously minimise stress in your life. Take time out, meditate and relax from time to time. Your skin will thank you for it!
- Don't sit in front of the screen too much: Unfortunately, computer work puts enormous strain on the eyes. This can also cause dark circles under the eyes. Take breaks every now and then and consciously close your eyes so that the eye muscles can relax every now and then during a long working day!
- Use a sun protection factor: As always when it comes to skin, too much sun exposure is unfortunately often the cause when it comes to dark circles under the eyes. This can lead to hyperpigmentation. Therefore, you should always use a day care with a sun protection factor!
Simply eat away dark circles under the eyes!
Once again, it sounds so simple, but a healthy diet can be against dark circles under the eyes and also bags under the eyes can work wonders. Malnutrition is one of the most common causes of dark circles under the eyes! So always make sure you eat good food - not only for your entire body, but especially for a beautiful, even complexion. For a great complexion, it is important to enrich your skin from the inside with important nutrients such as iron, zinc and vitamins. We recommend the following ingredients for your anti dark circles diet. They work better than any expensive beauty treatment. Enjoy your meal!
- Pumpkin seeds
- Wholemeal products
- Steak and red meat
Lavule helps in the fight against dark circles under the eyes!
But once the dark circles are there, the right care can help quickly and effectively - and better than any Home remedy! We recommend our high-quality dark circles cream by Lavule! The product was specially developed to get dark circles under the eyes and even small wrinkles under control as quickly as possible! Valuable ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals help. Lavule helps to achieve an instant Botox effect around your eyes, which sets in after just 24 hours.
The results are truly amazing! You will see that you look several years younger and more awake when your dark circles are a thing of the past. Within 7 days of use, the dark discolouration and puffiness are already greatly reduced. A cool additional effect: Lavule also prevents the formation of new wrinkles around the eyes. Use Lavule twice a day and gently massage the product in with your fingertips. We recommend using the highly effective anti-ageing cream from Lavuj. An unbeatable combination!
Is it true that hyperacidity can also be a trigger for dark circles under the eyes?
Unfortunately, yes. A balanced diet is very important in the fight against the unloved shadows under the eyes. Foods that counteract hyperacidity are, for example: cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, potatoes, leeks, kohlrabi or celery. You should avoid dairy products for the time being!
Not only do I suffer from dark circles under my eyes, but I also have deep eye sockets. What can I do?
Hyaluron injections or a treatment with your own fat can help here because they build up the lost volume again. It is best to get advice on this.
I use an enormous amount of concealer against my dark circles under the eyes. Does it promote skin ageing?
No. Most concealers even have a nourishing effect. Often you just get the feeling that they increase wrinkles because the product settles unsightly in the creases around the eyes. See our tricks above to prevent this.