The eyes are the window to the soul. But this window looks clouded when conspicuous blue under-eye circles ruin the look. After all, they destroy the evenness of your eye area and your entire complexion and make you look tired and worn out. Nobody wants that! They usually occur in men and women over 40. But if you have a genetic predisposition, they can appear earlier.
Often there are also unpleasant bags under the eyes and you no longer look awake and radiant. The annoying blue Circles under the eyes can have many different causes have. It is not always just a lack of sleep or all-nighters that are to blame for the problem. Certain illnesses, such as kidney, heart or vascular disease, can also be the reason for blue circles under the eyes. Here we explain how the beauty problem arises in the first place and how you can skilfully combat it!
What does medicine mean by dark circles?
Dark circles are dark, often blue, discolourations that appear mainly in the area of the lower eyelid. In the worst case, however, they can also become visible around the entire eye. The dark shadows appear because the skin around the eyes is particularly thin and has very little subcutaneous fatty tissue. Unfortunately, this makes it easier for blood vessels to show through. By the way, experts also refer to dark circles as a tear trough or haloing.
What are the causes of blue circles under the eyes?
One thing is clear: blue circles under the eyes are usually a sign of overtiredness of the body. Very often, lack of sleep or everyday stress are the triggers. But sometimes blue circles under the eyes are also the signal that a serious illness is present. Especially if the problem has been present for a long time and there is also swelling under the eyes, a doctor should be consulted. Find out here what the most common causes of dark circles are.
- Poor lymphatic circulation: Blue circles under the eyes occur more frequently in the morning. The trigger for this is poor lymphatic circulation that occurs during sleep. This means that tissue fluid accumulates, which not only dilates the blood vessels in the face, but also makes them show blue through the skin.
- Weight loss: Losing weight quickly can also cause dark circles under the eyes. This is because we have fatty tissue even under our eyes. When fat is broken down in the body as a whole, the unloved shadows under the eyes appear.
- Fluid retention and lack of oxygen: If tissue and blood are not supplied with enough oxygen or if there is a build-up of fluid in the body, this can also result in blue circles under the eyes. Triggers for this are usually diseases of the heart, the vessels, the Liverthe kidney, the lymphatic system or blood diseases. If you have any suspicions - you must see a doctor!
- Genetic predisposition: Sad but true: Often, blue circles are simply the result of genetic predisposition.
- HyperpigmentationSometimes brown rings can appear under the eyes instead of blue ones. The reason for this is hyperpigmentation of the skin - often even in connection with neurodermatitis.
- Too little sleep: If you don't want dark circles around your eyes, make sure you get about 8 hours of sleep a day.
- Iron deficiency: If such a deficiency is present in the blood, this can also be the cause of unsightly blue circles under the eyes.
This helps with blue circles under the eyes
The good news is that with a healthy lifestyle, you can manage dark circles or prevent them from forming altogether. Here you'll find valuable tips on what can help you fight dark circles:
- Exercise in the fresh air: Regular outdoor exercise not only gets your circulation going, but also helps your body to regenerate. Blue circles under the eyes disappear.
- Balanced diet: A very important topic is a healthy diet. Plenty of fruit and vegetables as well as wholemeal products feed the skin from the inside with important substances that are good for your complexion.
- Good circulation: The general circulation of the body should also always be kept going. A well-ventilated, not overheated bedroom helps with this. And it is best to sleep with the upper body elevated.
- Do not scrub: The delicate skin under the eyes should always be treated with great care. Scrubbing too hard when removing make-up puts too much stress on the thin skin under the eyes.
- Cooling helps: Puffiness under the eyes can be counteracted with cool compresses. This is best done first thing in the morning when you get up. Afterwards, your eye area will look fresher immediately!
- Avoid stress: Everyday life is often chaotic, but if you want to do something good for your complexion, you should make sure you relax regularly. Stress always causes dark circles under the eyes and a tired look.
- Good care: A good eye care product like our Lavule dark circles cream is the be-all and end-all in the fight against this annoying beauty problem. It makes blue circles under the eyes disappear in no time.
Lavule fights blue circles under the eyes!
When it comes to dark circles, the right care can quickly provide relief! But there are so many products on the market that you can get confused when choosing the right eye cream. We swear by our high-quality and extremely effective dark circles cream from Lavule. Completely without hormones and with valuable vitamins. Because the product was specially developed to quickly combat dark circles and small wrinkles around the eyes. High-quality ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, vitamins, valuable herbal extracts and minerals ensure this. Lavule provides an instant Botox effect that eradicates those pesky blue circles within the first 24 hours of treatment. After 7 days of use, the dark discolouration and puffiness around the eyes are already extremely alleviated. A great combined effect: At the same time, Lavule prevents the formation of new wrinkles around the eyes. To do this, you should apply the product twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, to the skin around the eyes and gently massage it in. If you don't want to go to the beauty doctor for hyaluron injections, Lavule is the perfect alternative.
What is the best way to cover blue circles under the eyes?
But if you really want the dark circles to disappear immediately, the only solution is to use concealer! The most important thing is to choose the right product: it should never be lighter or darker than your foundation, but preferably the exact same colour. Otherwise you'll accentuate your dark circles even more. And that's not exactly the point! It's best to apply it with your fingertips, because the body heat makes it melt into your skin. The texture is also important. If the concealer is too thick, it will settle unattractively in the fine lines around the eyes. This makes you look older and is not very nice to look at. Our tip: To make the formula of the concealer lighter, simply mix in a little moisturiser before you apply it! When the Eye rings especially dark a concealer alone won't be enough. Then you should work with a colour corrector before the foundation. Here's the trick, following colour theory: complementary colours do their job best! So for blue dark circles, use an orange corrector, for purple ones a yellowish one, for blue-purple discoloured dark circles a salmon-coloured product and for brown dark circles a purple corrector.
Can blue circles under the eyes also be removed surgically?
Yes, they can be removed by hyaluronic injections, laser treatment or surgery. However, we recommend that you first try our effective dark circles cream from Lavule. With it, you can easily get to grips with the problem without a visit to the beauty clinic.
Can frequent rubbing of the eyes make blue circles worse?
Unfortunately, yes. Dark circles are usually lymphatic or blood vessels that shine through the thin skin in a bluish colour. If the sensitive area around the eyes is rubbed too hard or too often, the veins can even be damaged, causing them to show through even more. So it's better to keep your hands off!
Can too hot water increase blue circles under the eyes?
Yes, a hot shower irritates the sensitive skin around the eyes. Therefore, it is better to take a lukewarm shower!